Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Paint drying (trading)

Finally I got a whole day off during the week. I planned to watch the market all day. Call me a little money nerd, I’m fine with that. At work I don’t get to see the numbers much. There have been times I have gotten home to find a big move, up or down, and wonder what happened. Not today. This morning I got up about an hour before the market opened, flipped on the computer, got a big glass of Dr. Pepper and settled in. I spent some time looking at Money.com to see if there was anything interesting going on. Spent some time getting caught up on what was being debated on the boards, but mostly just killed time till the opening bell. Truth be told I was looking for something, anything I owned to have a big day. No particular reason I just thought it would be a nice way to fully enjoy my day off.

So what happened today? Nothing. SNDK closed down a few cents (nothing new there) on near anorexic volume. Still dragging my feet. And CROX was just as lackluster to watch. CROX traded in a near perfect flat line pretty much all day. Look at today’s chart, around 1:00 p.m. it looks like someone else got tired of watching too. They hooked up one of those medical defibrillators and tried to shock the crap out of the stock. No luck. All said and done only about half of the 3 month average daily volume traded today.
The good news is I got a day off. The bad news is the market was like watching paint dry.

Given the chance would you watch your stocks for much of the day?

That’s it for today. Here’s to tomorrow being entertaining and I won’t get to watch much. Remember watch the market when you can and keep an eye on your EveryDay Money.

No comments: