Friday, December 01, 2006

A few ounces of hope (trading)

Back to back days in the green for SNDK. Today was a squeaker but it held. Perhaps the bottom is in and it is up from here. The cost of flash drives is nose-diving and it seems everyone (including me) is wondering how it will affect the bottom line. I figure Sandisk is the dominant player and can take the thinning margins, not sure if the smaller companies can?

Lots of hope is placed on the semi new U3 flash drives. These drives are not just storage on the go. They can let you tote around secure software applications, literally, in the palm of your hand. Fascinating. The future so bright I gotta wear shades. (Oh man... am I that old to make that reference? Anyway.) Check it here (U3) if you are interested.

After two green days I am back to looking down the road. If the stock can continue to rise and doesn’t get called away in a couple of weeks, because of the December 50’s covered calls, then I am thinking about writing January $52.50’s if I can get a good price. I am thinking $52.50’s because I want a little more room for it to run but still a little hedge with the covered calls.

Do you own a flash drive? Sandisk or other brand?

More later.

No comments: