Thursday, December 14, 2006

Coming expiration (trading)

So… around 10:00 am my time (11:00 am market time) I don’t see much to get excited about. From the look of it, I figured, today may shape up to be like yesterday. A little underwelmed was one way I would describe how I was feel this morning. In between work, I get a quick look in the afternoon. $44 plus. Hitting refresh was the first thing I did thinking my browser must have a glitch. Nope. Seems that a bunch of good reports came out and some other companies reported solid numbers and everyone came a running dollars in hand. A fat 2.57% up for the day, worth getting out of bed for.

With today’s run being called out tomorrow on my December $45s is now a real possibility. Maybe not a great chance but a greater chance than there was yesterday. If I get called out that would cut my position in Crocs in half. Not sure how I feel about that right now. If half gets called away I don’t plan on writing covered calls on the remaining shares. Continued growth; that is what I am still betting on going into the New Year. The new spring line has made me believe the company understands the need to diversify its product line look and appeal. Building a brand is never an easy thing to do and I am willing to give this management some more time to see how they do.

If half of my stock becomes cash going into next week I am not sure where I would put it next. Unfortunately a few days ago when I mentioned Garmin I didn’t have the reach to get a few shares. Now with them sitting $53.44 I’ll wait. But it won’t really matter unless CROX finishes tomorrow over $45.

That’s it for today. For those of you sitting with options hope tomorrow goes the way you need it. Remember to keep an eye on your EveryDay Money.

No comments: