Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

I hope you all have your resolutions in place and none of them have been broken on the first day. Good luck with them and I hope they last. Both Crocs and Sandisk finished the year on an up note, so my New Years may get started on a good note. Sandisk has CES starting on the 8th and both companies report numbers toward the end of the month. After having waited this long I will hold SNDK till earnings with my fingers crossed. With expanded distribution this winter I am looking for CROX to report big numbers. They need to or their P/E and stock price is liable to fall off the table. Guess we will see Wednesday when everyone comes back.

I didn’t do any resolutions this year. If I was pressed to come up with one it would be simply; make good decisions based on solid research. That sounds nice and easy enough, at least tonight with the market closed this whole day. When the market opens and the New Year kicks off it will be harder. When I am watching my money bounce up and down it becomes harder not to get emotional. At least I can say I am getting better. I make fewer trades based on emotions than I did when I was younger. The downside is that I had to get old(er) in order to get that experience. I wish you good luck with your money for this whole year and many after.

Did you make any resolutions?

That’s it for today. Here’s to making smart decisions this year and to keeping an eye on your EveryDay Money.

No comments: