Thursday, January 11, 2007

January Poll Results

Q: Your expected return for 2007?

As the New Year is getting into full swing I thought it would be good to find out what everyone thought the market would bring them this year. Now that the poll is closed I’ll share my thoughts. I have heard the market’s historical return of 10% idea so many times growing up that I think I am brainwashed. So my realistic answer, (the one I use with friends, coworkers, and such,) would be 10-20%. Now privately at home when it is just the wife and I, when I am running scenarios and the calculator on MoneyChimp ask for an interest rate… well then I invariably use something between 30-40%. Might as well shoot big, especially if no one is looking. Well enough about me, here is how you voted.

Above zero, I’ll be happy: four percent

Less than 10%: six percent

10-20%: forty three percent

20-30%: twenty three percent

30-40%: thirteen percent

40-50%: four percent

Above 50%, I’m that good: four percent

Thanks to everyone that voted. The February poll will be up in a couple of weeks.

That’s it for today. Here’s hoping the votes go your way. And don’t forget to keep an eye on your EveryDay Money.

No comments: