Saturday, May 05, 2012

Weekend Weigh In (5/5/12)

Here’s where I am sitting for this weekend.
Aflac (AFL):  Average cost $41.76.  Right now this is a tiny bit to the good.  I got this right before earnings and it ran the next day.  Looking back I should have let it go and took a quick profit.  If it returns this week to above $45 then I will think about let it go.
Hewlett-Packard Company (HPQ):  Average cost $25.57.  This one went under water shortly after I got it.  Still think that it will work out down the road, but it is taking longer than I would have wanted.  Was a little early jumping in.  Will sit on it for now.

International Game Technology (IGT):  Average cost $15.49.  I got this just a little while ago (5/1/12) and it went positive right after.  I should have pulled the trigger and took my money but I didn’t.  So now this position is slightly underwater.  I will wait on it and expect to be able to get out of it with an alright profit in a few weeks or less.

EXCO Resources Inc. (XCO):  Average cost $ 9.09.  This is just an ugly position and a perfect example of how not to trade.  I took flyer on natural gas and it slapped me in the face.  I made the mistake of adding to a loser and didn’t have strong mental stops.  This may get back to good someday?  I will hang in there awhile long and see if gas prices can come back some.

Here’s to a moment of reflection and to keeping your eye on your Everyday Money.

No comments: